This is a fantastic little recipe that is no trouble to make. It makes the perfect summer dessert because of it’s lovely light texture.
It is also a super way for us Mom’s to use up any leftover chocolate after Easter or Christmas…well I find it saves me popping them all in my mouth!!! And the Rum of course takes it to the next level.
We love to have it as a Saturday night treat for the boys as pictured here with Buttermilk Chicken http://kenmarefoodies.com/southern-fried-butter-milk-chicken/ and Chips with Homemade Lemonade http://kenmarefoodies.com/homemade-lemon-and-lime-cordial/
- 150g plain chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 3tbsp. dark rum
- 4 medium eggs, seperated
- 150 ml double cream
- chocolate flakes or curls to decorate
1) Break the chocolates into pieces and melt together in a bowl over a pan of hot water with the rum.
2) Stir in the egg yolks until well blended then remove the bowl from the pan and leave to cool.
3) Whip the cream until softly peaking and fold two thirds into the chocolate mixture. Chill the remaining cream.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiffly peaking. Lightly fold into the chocolate mixture.
5) Pour the mixture into a glass serving dish and chill for roughly 2 hours or until set. Pipe the remaining cream on top to decorate and finish with the chocolate flakes or curls.