Sometimes life catches up on you and you really feel like you don’t want to cook. Even the hardened cook like me has days like this. This is where I find Gnocchi fab! I love the texture and the fact that it’s cooked in around 3 minutes which brings this entire meal in in under the 20 minute mark.
A favourite of ours is the Lidl ‘Italiamo Range’ fresh Gnocchi and I make to sure I stock up when it’s in. Spinach and Blue Cheese are a great match and compliment the Chicken and Cream so well, the Nutmeg plays its part in bringing the whole lot together.
- 2/3 large chicken fillets finely sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 150g blue cheese
- 250 ml carton cream
- Approx 150g baby spinach
- 50g Parmesan
- Approx 1/3 of a clove of grated fresh nutmeg or a good pinch of ground nutmeg.
- 1 packet of Lidl ‘Italiamo’ potato gnocchi (cooked as per packet instructions)
- 1tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a frying over a medium to high heat, add the oil and onion, cook until golden stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Season the chicken very well. Allow the heat to come back into the frying pan before adding the chicken and cooking through.
- Add the onions back into the pan with the Spinach allowing the Spinach to cook down while taking care to stir all the time.
- Pour the cream into the frying pan and add all of the blue cheese, salt and pepper and the grated parmesan.
- Allow it to simmer and reduce down a little. Add the cooked gnocchi to the pan and stir though to combine.
- Check the seasoning, top with a little extra parmesan and enjoy!