All of my boys from the largest down to the littlest have adored Hot Chocolate but I think it was with son no.2 that I perfected the art of Homemade Hot Chocolate quiet simply because he was a little bit of a ‘Hot Chocaholic’….or rather, he loved nothing more than inhaling the velvety, chocolaty warm milkiness the most out of all of them .I have so many lovely memories of sitting watching him enjoy it that I hope in time he’ll appreciate these memories too and spend lovingly watching his children enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed watching mine.
If you have never made your own Hot Chocolate then you have no idea what you are missing. It is one of the easiest things to make. It simply combines Milk and Chocolate in a saucepan…..nothing more or less…..a gentle stir and a little patience, poured into a mug or glass, topped off with some whipped cream and marshmallows or if you are one of the big people reading perhaps a little splash of Brandy before pouring it to warm the inner child.
So for those of you looking to use up any of those lingering Easter Eggs then you know what to do…
I hope you enjoy!
- 400ml of Milk
- 125g Dark Chocolate with Orange
- A Pinch of Sugar
- Whipped Cream and Marshmallows to serve (optional)
- Place the Milk in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Break the Chocolate into pieces and add to the Milk
- Stir gently until all the Chocolate has melted, taste and add a pinch of Sugar to sweeten if necessary
- Pour into individual serving glasses and top with Whipped Cream and Marshmallows,