This ‘Lemongrass and Chilli Beef Stirfry’ is one of my favourite ‘go to’ recipes as it is a wonderfully easy and quick dinner to cook. It is packed full of fresh Lemongrass flavour with the subtle kick of Chilies.
I use http://www.lidl.ie/en/index.htm Flank Steak and it works a treat. Delicious as served here with Rice Noodles or just plain boiled Basmati Rice, I like to use Wholegrain Rice.
Wrap yourself around a steaming bowl of this Lemongrass and Chilli Beef Stirfry and enjoy!
- 2 sticks of lemongrass, outer skin removed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 flank or sirloin steaks
- 1 head of pak choi, finely sliced
- Half a red pepper, sliced lenght ways
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 asparagus spears, cut lengthways
- 5-6 baby corn, cut in half lenght ways
- 1 red chilli
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Handful of fresh basil, torn
- Toasted sesame oil
- Rice noodles, cooked as per packet instructions to serve
- Heat a wok on a high heat until it’s almost at smoking point, add a good drop of sesame oil and immediately add all the veg.
- Stir fry the veg over a high heat constantly tossing in the wok.
- When cooked (you still want them to have a nice crunch and a good vibrant colour) remove to a plate.
- Add another small drop of oil to the pan and add your steak in two batches and stir-fry until just cooked,
- Add the lemongrass and garlic and toss for a minute or so taking care not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the fish sauce and soya sauce and allow to bubble for a minute or so.
- Remove the wok from the heat, squeeze a little lime juice over and scatter over the basil.
- Serve tosses through the cooked noodles.