This is one of those recipes that needs little care or attention making it perfect for those evenings when you’re busy or not in the humour for cooking. While the oven looks after the chicken you can make up the beans in no time.
It’s ultra comforting and not lacking in flavour. I tend not to cook potatoes with this as I treat the beans as my carb and I love to serve some simple green Veg on the side like Tender Stem Broccoli or Hot Buttered Cabbage.
A good quality Smoked Bacon is essential as it browning it well to render out the fat. You can ring the changes too by using a Smoked Chorizo and Cider instead of the Bacon and Wine. To this though I think I’d use some Rosemary and a pinch of Hot Smoked Paprika.
Don’t you love when a recipe has countless possibilities and is lip smackingly good.
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 medium leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 140ml wine
- 125 ml hot chicken stock
- 50 ml cream
- 1 can cannellini beans,drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 chicken fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven and when it’s hot place the chicken in an oven dish, rub a little oil over the skin, season with salt and pepper and bake for 20-25 mins (depending on size) until the chicken is cook through but still juicy.
- While the chicken is cooking heat a frying pan, add the bacon lardons to the dry pan and let them cook until golden and the fat has rendered down.
- Put the chopped leeks into the pan with the bacon and cook gently for around 5 minutes until tender.
- Pour in the wine, let it bubble and reduce down by half before adding the stock and allow to bubble.
- Add the beans and stir well, cook for a few minutes to make sure they’re heated through.
- Pour in the cream and finish with the chopped tarragon and black pepper.
- Serve the beans in deep plate or bowl with a chicken fillet on top.
- Pour a glass of white wine and inhale