I’m under a little bit of pressure today as we are back full swing organising Kenmare Food Carnival. It’s a great buzz and very rewarding but I know from last year that in the coming weeks and months it will consume my life. I am a little worried that our blog will be neglected so this morning amidst all that I am doing I have thrown together a pot of Thai Chicken Noodle soup to nourish the two teenagers in my life and I am putting it on the blog. It’s a great soup. We had Piri Piri chicken for dinner last night so this gave me the base for the soup, the chicken carcass gave the stock a lovely heat from all the chillies it had been marinated and cooked in and the remaining chicken which I stripped off the carcass to put in the soup was nice and moist. It’s so nourishing, flavoursome and really as easy as….
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Rapeseed Oil
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1.5 cm ginger grated
- 1 stick lemon grass trimmed and chopped
- Hand full fresh green beans finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2ltrs chicken stock
- 50g cooked chicken, finely shredded
- 50g noodles
- Zest and juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Handful of fresh coriander, leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
- Heat a good drop of oil in a saucepan on a med heat, add your chopped, onion, lemongrass, ginger, chilli and coriander stalks. Cook for roughly 1 minute stirring all the time.
- Add in your chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes to let the flavours come together.
- Add in the chopped chicken, noodles, tbsp of fish sauce and grated lime zest, juice. Cook until noodles are cooked adding in the chopped coriander for the last minute. Check for seasoning and adjust to suit taste.
- Pour into serving bowls and enjoy.