One of my all time favourite soups is Asparagus. It transports me to my moms kitchen and I’m sitting at the table slurping it off a spoon most likely with it dripping off my chin.
I have so many happy childhood memories, lots of them to do with food. I want to build a treasure trove of memories for my children with things we do, places we go and the food we eat.
I will not always be with them but I hope that at some stage in their lives they will remember a moment in time, a smile, a laugh, a happy family dinner or maybe just always have a bit of me by their side with their food memories.
Yesterday I made Asparagus soup for the twins and they loved it and lapped it up….today they put the heart across me by getting Conor stuck high up in a tree! Never a dull moment with these guys.
Cream of Aspapragus Soup
- 500g Aspapragus, chopped.
- 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- 1 onion, diced.
- 1 medium potato, diced.
- 1 litre of chicken stock.
- A good glug of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, asparagus and potato, season well with salt and pepper and sweat for 5 mins or until softened.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer uncovered (covering will darken the colour of the soup) until nicely softened.
- Pour into a blender and blend, put back in the saucepan, stir in the cream and adjust seasoning.